WTF? What is a RawFitBitch?
That’s me! And you can be one too! I have been a raw vegan for the past 5 years, I’m fit and yes if you don’t step up you going to see the bitch emerge! But seriously, anyone can be a raw fit bitch, you just need to learn the ropes and I have the formula for you. A raw fit bitch is an individual who believes in themselves and is living a life of purpose, not following the mainstream confusion and apathy. It’s time to step up.
Q. What does a RFB day of eating look like?
A. At least 95% of your calories come from fruit, 5% from greens, nuts and seeds. You aim to get 9-12 hours of sleep a night. You make sure you drink
3 litters of water or more a day.
An average day might be:
Breakfast: Datorade: 20-30 dates blended on high speed with around 1.2-1.5 litres of water plus cinnamon to taste. Around 1300 calories
Lunch: 8-10 Mangoes/half a large jakfruit/3 pineapples
Dinner: A baby green salad with 5 chopped up bananas and 5 dates. Put aside some dates and banana and blend as sauce.
On this program you are allowed overtly fatty foods like avocados once a week MAXIMUM.
Q. What improvements can I expect on this lifestyle?
Although everyone is different, if you stick to the program the following results are very common:
- Infinitely improved digestion and elimination
- Clearer skin, whiter eyes, shinier hair and stronger nails
- Much more energy and motivation to exercise
- Heightened mental clarity
- Positive fluid loss as suspended toxins leave the body
- A sense of well-being that can only be achieved on a HCRV lifestyle
- No more bingeing due to total satiation after meal time
- No longer dependant on stimulants like coffee to get through the day
- Depression becomes a thing of the past
- More connection with nature, the animals and yourself
- Start to forge new raw friendships/a whole new community
- Drug dependency is overcome
- Waking up fresh and with energy rather than groggy and lethargic
- Acne and other skin conditions begin to or completely heal up
- Completely overcome Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Q. Do I need to take Supplements on this lifestyle?
The only supplement I recommend is Vitamin b12. This is not because I recommend a vegan diet but due to Vitamin b12 deficiency being rife throughout society. Please watch my video here to get clued up on testing and supplementing.
If you have digestive issues or a pas of drug use (prescription or recreational) then its likely your body is not producing the intrinsic factor (necessary for b12 uptake). This means you can eat all the b12 you like but none will be absorbed. I recommend taking a quality b12 supplement such as methycobolamin in the form of a sublingual or a intramuscular shot. These both bypass the digestive system and go straight into the blood. Please read more here in an article I wrote on b12. I recommend you take one sublingual/shot per day for a week then one per week for a month then one per month after that.
Q. I can’t afford to do this lifestyle!!
The beauty of this lifestyle is that you no longer have to fork out hundreds of dollars to naturopaths, homeopaths, Drs etc for useless supplements. Personally I now save around $300 a month on supplements alone since starting this lifestyle.
Firstly you need to get real. You don’t have a discount body! So you deserve the highest quality food every meal. Before this lifestyle I was making regular visits to the Dr/Naturopath/chinese medicine Dr. Twice the gastroenterologist cost me $215 for 15mins. Each time I visited these ‘Dr’s’ I would leave with an armful of costly supplements. This added up to several hundred dollars a month which now goes to organic food. Remember every dollar we spend is a vote for what we believe in so support organic growers and the environment.
I no longer have health insurance. I have known many people to spend several thousand dollars are year on operations associated with following a shitty lifestyle. On this lifestyle the chances of needing an operation are almost completely cut out. So there’s another several thousand a year. Apart from that packaged processed foods are not cheap to your wallet or health. Put your health first and your wallet wins as well.
- Forage fruit off friends/abandoned trees.
- Get to know your local organic shop owner for discounts or even get a job there.
- By from the organic wholesalers and get BIG discounts, buy in bulk.
- Buy ripe, spotty bananas from the bargain bin
You will find the longer you are on this lifestyle the less you spend on meaningless material possessions and the more money you end up having for organic food.
So many times I see the latest porsche in mint condition rock up to the KFC drive through. Who’s inside the car? A fat unhealthy diseased human being putting his wallet before his health. You are also likely to move from your expensive rental to somewhere more modest and simple which is also cheaper. Another thing I do is house-sitting. This really saves a lot of money! Not only is it free-rent but sometimes you actually get PAID to stay in the house and look after the pets. Try to get a yearly 3month gig and watch your bank balance rise. More details on www.housecarers.com. You may or may not get rid of your car and buy a bike instead. Many people do this which of course translates to more cash in the pocket as fuel isn’t exactly cheap these days! It’s all about simplifying your life. My question is -
“How can you NOT afford to do this lifestyle?”
Q. Isn’t that TOO much sugar?
No. Eating large quantities of healthy fruit sugar is not only good for your health but vital for health. In order to thrive, every one of our trillions of cells needs to be receiving a steady supply of sugar. So every cell in your body runs on glucose. The most easily converted source of glucose is fructose/fruit sugar. We have a sweet tooth for a reason! We get cravings for sweet sugary foods for a reason! Because every cell runs on it. It’s just up to us to be discerning enough to choose the right sugar to consume – fruit sugar. Nature didn’t get it wrong when she made fruit attractive to us in every way. It’s perfectly shaped to fit snugly in our hand. Its smell is fragrant and appealing to our senses. Fruit is brightly coloured to catch our eye and attract us closer. Lastly it tastes *amazing* without any salt or human intervention. For a food to be called a ‘food’ it must pass that simple test. Eat as much fruit as you want and then put some more down the hatch! This lifestyle is about abundance not deprivation.
Q. Isn’t that TOO much potassium?!
No. Our bodies need roughly a minimum of 5000mgs of potassium from our food daily. That is a LOT of potassium! Fruit is the perfect source. The only people who should be concerned about their potassium intake are those in hospital with renal failure. Their kidneys are not working properly due to their adherence to a crap diet and lifestyle. Don’t be scared of the humble banana! It will turn you into a superhuman if you eat enough of them.
Q. Won’t all those carbohydrate/fruits make me fat?
No. Your body rarely stores carbohydrates from fruit as fat or even from plain cooked carbohydrates. These are the brain and bodies number one fuel which it requires all the time for proper functioning. Having an excess of carbohydrate in the body is virtually unheard of because when we eat sufficient calories from carbohydrates we activate a stop mechanism or we reach a satiation point because every cell in the human body runs on glucose/carbs. Never ever restrict your carbohydrate calories. People get fat from eating excess fat and protein not from plain high carb foods like fruit, rice, pasta and bread. We have been sold so many lies by the diet industry, telling us that carbohydrates make us fat. Well this just isn’t true, its a load of shite actually. I have lost 40lbs of excess blubber eating all the fruit sugar I like and most importantly I have *kept* it off easily. Remember we cannot burn fat efficiently and cleanly without the presence of carbohydrates so eat up big time. If you have some weight to lose and fitness to gain then you must make sure you eat over 2500 calories from fruit a day. And PLEASE have patience! It didn’t take your arse a week to get that big did it? Listen to slim people.
Q. But I LOVE meat and dairy…
You love torture, mutilation, rape and slaughter?! Really? Of course you don’t. Wake up. Your body is merely dealing with an addiction. There are many addictive properties in meat and dairy such as casomorphins, hetrocyclic amines, oestrogen and other hormones, adrenaline, uric acid, pathogenic bacteria, cholesterol, saturated fat and carcinogenic compounds created by cooking. What chance does your delicate taste-buds stand against such an onslaught?! Nudda. Don’t forget the salts, spices and rancid cooked oils accompanying your dish. HIGHLY addictive. Couple this with the fact that meat and dairy are some of the most calorically dense ‘foods’ available. If we allow ourselves to get hungry we will eat ANYTHING. People have been known to eat eachother so another animal spiced, sauced, salted, crumbed, fried, sauteed, steamed, boiled, poached, baked, grilled is not a stretch at all. Eat food that wants to be eaten and leaves you guilt-free, lean and beautiful – fruits and greens.
Q. Can i eat grains on this diet?
No. This diet only includes raw fruits, greens, nuts and seeds. No cooked or sprouted grains. We have only been cooking grains for about 10,000 years. Which is a tiny amount of time in the scope of human evolution. It’s takes about 100,000 years to change the human genome 1/10 of 1% so its safe to say our digestive systems are not adapted to eat grains. The hard fibre in grains has been compared to chards of glass on our delicate digestive systems. Grains also contain addictive properties such as Opioids – yeh exactly addictive like Opium. Most grains are deficient in Vitamin C. Sure grains are a better choice than meat and dairy but fruit is ALWAYS Queen and when the queen is in the house respect her! Try eating a handful of raw rice or try to get caked on rice off the kitchen table after you’ve cooked it. NOT happening. If you can’t eat a food in its natural state, you shouldn’t be eating it at all. Please read Grain Damage, it will change your life.
Q. What’s wrong with eating oil? Olive Oil is good for you.
Olive Oil is not a health food. Please read this article I wrote on the subject >
The fat you eat is the fat you wear….
Q. But won’t my teeth rot out of my head from all the fruit sugar?!
No. Please refer to my article on fruit and teeth below>
I lost all my teeth as a fruitarian!
Q. Where do you get your protein?!
From Fruits and greens! Watch my video here to learn more >
Q. How do i know im not eating enough calories from fruit?
1. Cooked food starts to look and smell good.
2. Cooked food looks more then the second rate food it is.
3. Your energy, power, strength start to go downhill.
4. Your attitude starts to suck. You just want to rip apart people and scream at them with frustration.
5. You start to question this whole raw gig.
6. You get cravings during the day and evening.
7. You start to rely on discipline to keep you raw.
8. You start to make raw pasta dishes, raw cakes etc.
9. You start to question if we really need to exercise.
10. Your so thin and weak that your athletic friends start to get concerned.
11. You start to question veganism.
12. You start blending maccadamias with dulse and spread it on 1inch thick flax crackers you made at 3am in the morning.
13. You wake up at night and steal your housemates fruit. If your housemate is called banana guns and he told you not to eat the papaya, and you did, you aint eating enough fruit cals.
14. You start to want to take fancy herbs and experiement with other diets.
15. Your actually eating cooked food and reading this.
16. Youve got some Fred Bisci Enzymes in your pocket and your ready to try the ‘all raw but 20% cooked rule’
17. You want to believe that Brian Clement is right when he says corn chips are better than fruit.
18. You just paid aajonus vonderplanitz 400$ for a one hour consult and he told you to put an egg on a window edge for 50 days until its putrid and then to eat it. and you did it. you saw your dog eat some animal poo and you tried it too. ( true story i just heard).
19. You just cant sleep!! you are approaching insomniac.